Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A ZNPC Update but Spooky

Since my last update, a little over a month ago, I've added 12 new NPCs, started writing up 6 more, added 3 quests, a new weapon, and got some other miscellaneous things done. Needless to say, September was probably my most productive month yet.

As I mentioned I would do in my last update, I've shifted my focus, for now, over to almost completely mundane, civilian NPCs. Some notable NPCs among these "normal" characters are Abaalah, an elderly Kothringi student at the College of Winterhold, Ohalyria, a Maormeri assassin working for the Imperial Legion, and Llerukal, an ordinary miner in Dawnstar.

Additionally, I've added a new follower. Well, a follower pair. For 1500 gold, you can hire the "Champion of Wayrest", Jacque Mercois, and his Kothringi partner, Nuriel. I've also decided to cut down on dialogue for my "super followers". This project takes much more work than I anticipated, and to add the 1000+ lines to each super follower to make it on par with Interesting NPCs AND build the 4 Snow Elf colonies would take way too long. The NPCs designated as super followers still have a lot of dialogue, much more than other followers, and their traits, but they won't have nearly as many lines as those from Interesting NPCs. 

Among the new quests is an unmarked one with a Lilmothiit scammer, Amaret. Play your cards right, and you might score The Beguiler, a nifty little dagger that does more damage to enemies under the influence of an Illusion spell.

Details on the newly added NPCs, quests, and everything else that's been added since my last update will soon be added to the appropiate sections of the Zebsirous NPC Expansion page, located on the sidebar.

8 comments:

  1. can't wait for the release!
    btw. it would be cool if npcs would be perplexed when seeing player as dwemer for example, or if being dwemer had some impact on dwemer mods like Project AHO. You should think about collaboration in the future, because it would be just awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!

      There unfortunately won't be any interaction with Dwemer-themed quest mods, but NPCs will react to your race, although it may not be in a way you expect.

      As a Dwarf, most people will just assume you're a High Elf. After all, if it neighs, has hooves, and looks something like a horse, you're not gonna assume it's a zebra, yanno?

      Snow Elves on the other hand are easily recognizable, so people will know what you are from the start and react accordingly. I may add a couple random encounters for the two races, but I haven't decided just yet.

      Thanks for your words of support, I'll be writing a new update sometime this week!

      Delete
  2. cant wait for release, i love the sea elves !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious, is this still gonna happen? I live the zebsirious mod, and I've been using it for a while, and I really would love for this to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally forgot I had this little blog thing, sorry for the late reply!

      The mod is still very much in the works, but I've actually restarted the project and am developing it somewhat differently than how I was before.

      As a result, more or less all info on this blog about the project is invalid; none of the listed NPCs are present in the current build of ZNPC, and those that are have yet to be added to the blog's wiki section thing. I do plan to update the site with up-to-date information on the project eventually, though.

      Delete
  4. Damn I'm glad that you are still working on this! I just discovered this mod/blog and got worried when the last entry was from 2018.
    Given that you're reworking the whole think, can you just tell me if there's still going to be Snow Elves NPCs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Snow Elves will still appear in the mod, and in the same capacity listed on the blog; as in they'll mostly be confined to small city-sized Snow Elf colonies, which will contain everything you'd expect from a city. A governing body, a jail system, temples, inns, and even player homes.

      Thing is, the Snow Elves are easily going to take the longest to implement, so they're last on the to-do list, as far as the mod goes. So, don't expect to hear too much about them in any updates I may put out in the near future.

      Delete
  5. I really appreciate  DR AKHIGBE,my name is LAURIE HUGHES . I will never stop testifying DR AKHIGBE. Happiness is all I see now I never thought that I will be cured from HIV virus again. DR AKHIGBE did it for me. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 2 years now, I have spent a lot of money going from one place to another, from church to church, hospitals have been my home every day. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this fateful day,  I saw a testimony on how DR AKHIGBE helped someone in curing his HIV disease in internet quickly I copied his email which is drrealakhigbe@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days, after using the herbal cure and i did, behold I was free from the deadly disease,till now no HIV in me again he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now,all the testimony of DR AKHIGBE is true  please BROTHER and SISTER, MOTHER and FATHER he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or you can whats App his mobile number on +2348142454860  He can also cure these diseases like HIV and AIDS HERPES,DIABETICS,CANCER, HEPATITIS B,CHRONIC DISEASES, ASTHMA, HEART DISEASES, EXTERNAL INFECTION, EPILEPSY, STROKE, INSOMNIA,  MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS,GOUT,  NAUSEA,VOMITING OR DIARRHEA, LIVER CIRRHOSIS, STOMACH DISEASES,  KAWASAKI DISEASES, HALITOSIS, LUPUS,ECZEMA,BACK PAIN,JOINT PAIN.  VIGOUR.ETC .please email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    or whats APP him  ..+2349010754824.  He is a real good and honest man.  
    website...  https:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete