Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Less Bad

As I previously warned, it's likely that these updates won't be every other Saturday as I originally intended. This is proof of that. However, even though these updates have slowed down, mod development has not.

Valion's mini-questline is finally almost complete. The remaining two or three bugs should be squashed within the next couple of days, as should the previously mentioned Dwemer Prison. Upon completion of these, I plan to finally implement our Dwemer warlord, and then move onto the first Snow Elf colony, Sepredium, while also adding a couple commoner NPCs here and there throughout Skyrim. I'm not sure if we'll have enough content, but perhaps I'll be able to put together a small teaser trailer once Sepredium is finished.

I've also come up with a new concept for the mod's super followers: Character Traits. Basically, to further set them apart from typical followers, the super followers added by the mod will have abilities exclusive to them, ranging from simple, yet unique, passives to conditional summons. So far, only one trait has been implemented, to Valion. His trait, Duelist, gives him a 15% damage boost when wielding a one-handed sword and no shield, as well as a 15% chance to negate all damage from an attack blocked with a one-handed sword.

As for Cepheus, I've decided to put it off until ZNPC is completed, or at least more developed than it is now. I haven't abandoned it, but knowing myself, if I continue to juggle multiple projects, one will end up abandoned.

On the bright side, I've decided to create a Discord server devoted to teaching people to make mods, while still acting as a reference for those who already have a decent grasp on it. If anyone who reads this is interested, comment on this and I'll link you to it once it's up!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Would you like to learn? I assure you that it's no more than dragging/dropping or selecting choices from a dropdown box 85% of the time. There will be written, and occasionally live, tutorials, so even if you've never touched a computer, you'll likely have a basic grasp of modding within a couple weeks. You could also join and critique the works of other new modders. Nothing intensive, just checking them out and telling the authors what you liked/what they did wrong

      Otherwise, I plan on eventually opening a separate server that anyone can join, sorta like Mihail's. I might even be opening up the ZNPC Dev server to the public soon ;)

      Delete
    2. I know it's been like exactly a month lol but the project is still being developed! Also, here's the link to the modding server I previously mentioned: https://discord.gg/kRtHB3C

      Delete
  2. thanks great to hear it it still alive!!

    ReplyDelete